14,143 total views, 1 views today
How to choose BI Tools:
When we are selecting the right Business Intelligence tools for our organizations, consider our company, our employees, our departments and teams – and then success factors that drive our decision-making. What is not working currently, and what are the factors would benefit from improvement?
Choose tools that allow us to visualize and analyze the relevant data, combining, eliminating and customizing to generate information that helps us to better understanding of our data. We can scale our data as per our BI needs and analyze it in different formats, without worrying about memory limitations. Our main goal to make fact-based and insightful decisions that will improve our company present and future performance.
So, we must choose the top BI Tools based on the analysis of their Advantages, and Success Ratio.
Here, let us know more about QlikView, QlikSense, Tableau, Power BI and their advantages.
QlikView is very different from traditional business intelligence software. It’s simple and easy, and puts the business user in total control. With just a few clicks, QlikView lets you consolidate, search, visualize, and analyze all your data sources for unprecedented business insight.
Effective decision-making is based on having the right information available and easy accessible. Taking just minutes to learn, the automatic associations of QlikView create endless possibilities for making ad hoc queries without requiring tediously defined structures and hierarchies, as is typical in other data analysis tools. QlikView promotes unrestricted analysis of application data, helping users make time-saving and accurate decisions.
Features and Benefits of QlikView:
- QlikView uses in-memory data model
- It can manipulate huge data sets instantly with accuracy
- Full filtering data – search across all data – directly and indirectly
- It is a business discovery platform with fast and powerful visualization capabilities
- Automated data integration is possible with QlikView
- Various forms of data presentation – use of dynamic applications, dashboards and analyses,
- It can convert the data into graphical analytics
- Simple to use and Consistent reporting
- Flexibility and integrations
- Ensures easy implementation, flexibility and high scalability
- It is one stop shop for dashboards, graphical analytics and easy reporting.
- One can also use it for free in the free trial period.
- Low cost – quick return on investment, thanks to the short implementation period.
Qlik Sense is an intuitive self-service data visualization and discovery application. Qlik Sense is a solution for companies at which employees want to explore and visualize their data independently, without the need for IT support and long waits during the analysis phase. Qlik Sense gives users the ability to create, modify, or expand visualizations. With Qlik Sense we can explore our data freely, with just clicks, learning at each step. You can share knowledge and analyze data in groups and across organizations.
Qlik Sense further can be classified into:
Qlik Sense Desktop:
- Locally installed Windows version of Qlik Sense
- Includes all capabilities for visualization, exploration, data preparation, and storytelling
- Local file sharing
- Direct export to Qlik Sense Cloud
- Authenticates against Qlik Cloud or Qlik Sense Enterprise
- Supported in Enterprise environments
- Free download
Qlik Sense Cloud:
- Creation and sharing of analytics in the cloud
- Sharing of apps created with Qlik Sense Desktop
- Fully interactive search and exploration
- Access on any device
- Plus, edition offers unlimited sharing, expanded storage, and more data
- Business edition offers group level governance and automated data reloads
Qlik Sense Enterprise:
- Full version of Qlik Sense
- On premise and private cloud deployment
- Visualization, exploration, and creation through unified HTML5 client and Qlik Sense Desktop
- Reporting, collaboration and mobility
- QAP API’s for custom development, extension, and embedded analytics
- Data preparation and integration
- Enterprise governance and scalability
Features and Benefits of Qlik Sense:
- Intuitive cockpit and report creation by using drag-and-drop method, users can visualize analytical areas of interest.
- Migration of Qlikview Load Scripts.
- Extensions easier debugging
- Simplified licensing based on the token licensing model, which provides greater flexibility in managing licenses.
- Access on any mobile device
- The ability to manually create extensions to use them free for best visualized dashboards.
- The aggregation of data in one place so that it can be analyzed and visualized efficiently,easy access to analysis for all employees using tools which they are familiar with.
- The wider use of business analysis capabilities by employees, which directly translates into greater efficiency in the performance of their tasks.
- A limit on the number of systems that employees must use to get the data what they need.
Tableau is one of the most effective data visual tools that enables the organizations to represent the data in a more comprehensive and understandable format. It has proved its efficiency in the market by being at par with the previous tools used for analyzing the visual data. With the help of tableau, one can compare, contrast their innumerable data.
Tableau further can be classified into:
The best feature of the tableau desktop is that any person with any skill set can use it. Even a non-IT person with no knowledge about the tool can use it and understand it easily. There’s a free trial available on the site for a better understanding.
Tableau online with a host of tableau server features has speed up the Business Intelligence like never before. It’s more supple and secure business intelligence technique, is helpful in answering the queries from anywhere in the world. It’s published dashboards with the tableau desktop let’s anyone share it with the colleagues, clients or business associates.
The data analytics can be viewed anytime anywhere whether it be from home, office or another place. It sorts out the data, can change it all together according to the needs and requirements.
Tableau server is browser to mobile interactive and live approach to the business intelligence. With the help of this, one can publish dashboards or reports to the tableau servers through tableau desktop and share it with their colleagues. By this, the work is made easier and one need not carry that cumbersome data everywhere. It can be deployed by any kind of organization, regardless of its size or structure. It gives the optimal benefits and enormous growth to the organizations ending in the happy results.
Features and Benefits of Tableau:
- Connection to various data sources
- Intuitive and easy interface
- Advanced collaboration
- Several methods for data investigation
- Flexible pricing & deployment
- Reliable support
- Patented technology from Stanford University
- Toggle view and drag-and-drop
- List of native data connectors
- Highlight and filter data
- Share dashboards
- Embed dashboards within
- Mobile-ready dashboards
- Data notifications
- Tableau Reader for data viewing
- Dashboard commenting
- Create “no-code” data queries
- Translate queries to visualizations
- Import all ranges and sizes of data
- Create interactive dashboards
- String insights into a guided story
- Metadata management
- Automatic updates
- Security permissions at any level
- Tableau Public for data sharing
- Server REST API
Power BI Desktop helps you empower others with timely critical insights, anytime, anywhere. It combines state-of-the-art interactive visualizations, with industry-leading data query and modeling built-in. This version of Power BI Desktop is optimized for use with Power BI Report Server.
Every business has its own culture and way of doing things, sometimes the ‘standard way’ of doing something just doesn’t cut it and a need to customize it to make it work is needed. The same goes for visualizations that come as standard with Power BI tool, which for some may not provide the depth or complexity of visualization that is needed to ‘bring data alive’. However, by accessing the growing library of custom visualizations or even creating ones that meet a specific need is perhaps a way to find a competitive edge. And you can access your data and reports from anywhere with the Power BI Mobile apps, which update automatically with any changes to your data.
Features and Benefits of Power BI:
- Minimal upfront costs
- The free version reduces acquisition barriers.
- View Power BI reports across multiple platforms and devices
- Consolidate multiple data sources through Power BI
- Instantly share dashboards
- The interface allows users to easily export their data to other systems (like Excel), which gives users the flexibility to work with their data in other environments if they choose.
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Power BI currently connects to 60 common software solutions your business already uses and pulls data into a centralized, easy-to-digest dashboard.
- Drill-down functionality
- Schedule Data Refresh
- The dashboard visualizations are best in class and continually updated from the community. Interactive geo-map visualizations are empowered by Bing Maps.
- Embed Power BI Dashboards in Dynamics NAV 2017 Role Center
- Write simple sentences to run report queries
- Not only does this make data more secure, it greatly enhances the usefulness of our reports. You can invest time building one single report, then use access controls to restrict which data users can see/ can’t see.
- Growing Power BI online community
- Power BI up and running quickly, clearing away any obstacles
Please visit here: How to use simple date functions in QlikView and QlikSense
Developer Qlik View - Qlik Sense
Anjani is working as a Developer (QlikView, QlikSense and Tableau) for the past five years, involved in development of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, especially in designing, modeling, data sources integration, and advanced GUI of applications with complex multiple data sources. She was also involved in deploying of applications on servers, and managing the security for User/Data/Object access. She has experience working on several domains viz., Hospitality, Healthcare, Telecom, Retail, Insurance and Media.