3,731 total views, 1 views today
The demand for business intelligence tools has increased over the past few decades. BI tools are becoming a new source of providing efficient data storage and transportation. Well, many companies have already experienced Qlik and realized the power of Business Intelligence tools. Whereas if we talk about business intelligence tools, then Power BI and Tableau are also the most popular sought-after tools.
Analyzing the reviews of the company, we can positively say that Qlik delivers some great results to its customers. With Qlik businesses not only gain deeper insight into their business but also analyze, consolidate and search data with ease. We may use Qlik products when we are working in Qlik’s companies, but we cannot identify the differences between two of Qlik’s essential products, Qlik View and Qlik Sense.
To help you identify those differences, we provide this article, and we cover all the essential differences between Qlik View and Qlik Sense. Let’s look in detail.
What is QlikView
QlikView is a guided data analysis and visualization tool that enables users to explore, drill down, fetch, integrate, process and analyze data from various data sources. QlikView allows very limited control for the user to create their own visualizations.
QlikView can be used to develop data models, analytical applications, dashboards, visualizations to create analytical reports and they can be delivered to the end-user through access points. QlikView is offering the best when you want to create business applications for data analytics.
What are the features of QlikView?
- QlikView is capable to run on both locally or on an on-premise server
- Optionally QlikView is also a cloud solution
- QlikView is famous for its pixel-perfect design
- Promotes a dynamic BI ecosystem for better interactions
- QlikView is known for the easy creation of complex dashboards
- Guided and advanced analytics
- Capable of building guided analytics applications and dashboards
- Presence of connecters that are both custom-made and default
QlikView Dashboard Example
What is Qlik Sense
Qlik Sense is a powerful self-service data discovery and analysis tool focused on ease of use for the user. Qlik Sense gives the user complete control over access to pre-built charts, which means you can be a more active, engaged user.
Qlik Sense is introduced in the business intelligence tools market with updated technology which means users can make use of various user-friendly features like visualization and trendy data analysis. Qlik Sense has a simple drag-and-drop interface that allows for the creation of flexible and interactive visualizations that are displayed in a clear, orderly manner. Qlik Sense’s user-friendly approach helps users quickly and easily create a visualization that tells a story without involving the design elements
What are the features of Qlik Sense?
- Qlik Sense provides smart analytics visualization with drag and drop capabilities
- Quick and reliable connections to multiple data sources
- Mobile responsive supported in all screen mobile sizes with easy touch response. Available in iOS and Android apps
- User-friendly and open API
- Smart search options like Google and associative functions
- Self-service data discovery
Qlik Sense Dashboard Example
What are the new capabilities in Qlik Sense?
Qlik Sense is a next-generation, self-service data visualization and analysis application that enables individuals, groups, and organizations to rapidly create and share visualizations and dashboards without specialized development skills.
- Qlik Sense does not require a ‘build-and-publish’ approach, as each user can simply drag-and-drop to build or enhance their visual analysis.
- Qlik Sense allows users a smart search experience. Simply type numbers or words to start the analysis from the entire data set.
- For beginners, learners or trainees Qlik Sense provides smart visualization that helps to detect patterns with visualization by dynamically updating and highlighting new information and associations based on selection.
- The data storytelling feature in Qlik Sense allows people to capture and share their insights one at a time in a presentation format.
- Open Standard APIs support web app development for complex applications, allowing organizations to use Qlik Sense in new ways, among other technologies.
Difference Between QlikView and Qlik Sense
There are many similarities between QlikView and Qlik Sense, but each caters to particular markets and needs, with different purposes. In the below infographics, you can see a complete difference along with the features.
List of QlikView and Qlik Sense Common Capabilities
Centralized sharing and collaboration
The important operation in a situation where a team or group of users are involved in data analysis is sharing and collaboration. You can also use RESTful API connectors to connect and integrate with data sources such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Adobe, etc.
Mobility and Ease of Access
Mobile touch capabilities are making better and better with every new version of Qlik View and Qlik Sense. Thus, users get great mobility and ease in data analysis, report generation, and sharing on the go. We can use Qlik View and Qlik Sense mobile capabilities on any device like a tablet, phone, or laptop. QlikView and Qlik Sense are compatible with platforms like iOS and Android. Thus, Qlik View and Qlik Sense can be used across all the mobile devices in their full capacity, loaded with all the features.
Security, Scalability, and Performance
Security, scalability, and performance are the three important pillars of Qlik View and Qlik Sense’s efficient functioning. It comes complete with centralized, rules-based security, multiple security layers, authentication security.
Smart Visualization and Analytics
The Qlik product is very helpful in visualization as they are dynamic and smart. They are preloaded with varied types of charting options like pie, column/bar, line/area, scatter, plot, treemap, gauge, and combination charts.
Qlik Geo Analytics
This feature is a value-added service that can be used both in Qlik Sense and QlikView. The geo-analytics feature includes a geospatial analysis of location-based data by performing advanced geographic calculations on location and non-location data.
There are many features that help individual users to create their own application without essentially needing a technical hand. With Drag and Drop Feature You can load data files or create sheet objects by easily dragging the source item from the destination window and dropping it on the Qlik View and Qlik Sense application dashboard.
Customization and Extension
The associative model creates a relationship in the data which you can comprehend and use to draw better insights. The associations formed in the data answer a lot of questions regarding the hidden messages and patterns in the data.
Will QlikView and Qlik Sense merge into one product?
Each product has different capabilities and is appropriate in particular situations.
They are separate products with their development roadmaps. QlikView is great for guided analytics while Qlik Sense is best for self-service visualizations.
Since they have different purposes, one isn’t intended to replace the other.
Because QlikView and Qlik Sense are based on the same core analytics engine, all future engine developments will benefit both product lines, and Qlik will continue investing in both platforms.
Why do people use QlikView and Qlik Sense?
If you haven’t used Qlik products before, here’s why users say they’re great:
- They are easy to learn and simple to use
- They open up a world of possibilities for making your data work harder
- They help make time-saving and accurate decisions and bring a new level of insight to your data.
Advantage of using QlikView and Qlik Sense
- QlikView has a simple, relational data model that is really fast. Filtering and transforming data are dead simple, with results available almost immediately.
- The free version of QlikView is almost fully featured, so you get a pro-level product rolling out across the department for really cheap.
- QlikView is really flexible – if you can imagine it, you can build it.
Qlik Sense Advantage
- Qlik Sense provides one of the most flexible data modelling experiences with load scripts and data managers.
- Qlik Sense continues to iterate on the user interface and provides new charts and features regularly.
- Qlik Sense delivers a true enterprise-level administrative experience, especially for security management.
Should I choose QlikView or Qlik Sense? Do I need both?
If you are new to Qlik and starting to use Qlik products then you should use Qlik Sense. Compared with QlikView, Qlik Sense provides users with a full range of capabilities for modern data analytics.
If you already have knowledge of QlikView, you can take it to the next level with Qlik Sense. With Qlik Sense, you can get the most out of self-service visualization, custom development, and embedded analytics.
While QlikView and Qlik Sense share the same engine, a lot of the work required to integrate and transform data from multiple sources can be shared between the two products. Many organizations use both QlikView and Qlik Sense because of their very different features and use.
From the above discussion, we can conclude that both tools offering a wide variety of capabilities. QlikView and Qlik Sense both users the same Qlik engine which makes a powerful tool. Both the tools let to visualize data with ease and explore data. Business users select from this tool as per their requirements and developing potential. Both the tools help to view business insights and help a business to make its future better. If your business is also generating huge data and need to view the business insights then you can register with EzInsights Free Trial Demo.